1. What is Absorb?
- Absorb is the only fully dissolving heart stent.
- It is made of the same material used in dissolving medical stitches.
- It is the first and only stent that fully dissolves in a natural way, leaving the artery device-free.*
1. Serruys PW et al. ABSORB Cohort B Presentation. TCT. 2015.
2. Christiansen E. Cohort B, 4 Year Clinical Results. Presented at the 63rd Annual Scientific Session of the ACC, 29–31 Mar 2014, Washington, D.C.
3. Serruys PW et al. Absorb Cohort B 5 Year. TCT. 2015.
4. Sales data through May 2016, 1.2 units/patient. Data on file at Abbott Vascular.
5. ABSORB FIRST, ABSORB Extend, Gabi–R, REPARA, UK Registry, IT-Disappears, France ABSORB, FEAST.RU, RAI Registry, SMART REWARD, ABSORB Australia, BVS EXPAND, ASSURE, PABLOS, Absorb CTO, Prague – 19, GHOST Ferrarotto, POLAR ACS, GHOST EU, Cohort B.
6. AIDA, EVERBIO, ABSORB II, ABSORB III, ABSORB IV, ABSORB Japan, ABSORB China, COMPARE Absorb, Trofi II, Prospect II, ISAR Absorb, PREVENT.
*Absorb, the fully dissolving stent, dissolves completely—except for 2 pairs of small platinum markers that show up on a scan so that doctors can always see exactly where the stent was placed.
**Absorb improves coronary luminal diameter, restores blood flow and enables movement of the treated vessel. Source: Absorb GT1 IFU.